Commercial roofs are oftentimes flat. While this is great for safety and costs, it does increase the chances of damage as the flat roof is exposed to direct sun sunlight and has nowhere to drain rainwater. These two damages are the most common causes of commercial roof repair or replacement. Save yourself thousands of dollars by not having to replace your commercial roof by installing a preventative roofing system to begin with: single ply roofing! For installation or repair of your single ply roofing in Fate and Rockwall, TX, call Advanced Roofing Systems at (214) 247-7002 today.
What is Single Ply Roofing?
Just like its name suggests, a single ply membrane roof is thin yet durable layer of rubber or polymer that is painted, sprayed, or rolled and melted onto your roof. Unlike thick commercial roofing systems like built up roofs where there are layers upon layers of felt or asphalt applied on top of each other to create a protective base, a single ply roof is a thin rubber roofing system that only has one layer.
More sustainable than asphalt shingles, single ply roofs are an in demand roofing system for commercial buildings for their sustainability, affordability, and easy installation. Single ply roofs are known as cool roofs, meaning they have a high level of energy efficiency. The white coatings of the single ply membrane are seamless and reflect heat, meaning that they are waterproof and energy efficient, cooling down the building and decreasing energy bills.
TPO Roofing System
Made of ethylene propylene rubber and fillers like talc, fiberglass, or carbon filler to add durability, TPO roofs have all the advantages of a rubber roof, but are able to provide more strength. If you are wanting TPO roofing for your Fate and Rockwall, TX commercial building, call Advanced Roofing Systems at (214) 247-7002 today.
What is TPO Roofing?
TPO roofing installation is a quick and quiet process, since the membrane is either sprayed or rolled on, not nailed on. The TPO roofing material is environmentally friendly, as it not only reduces carbon emissions from HVAC units by reflecting sunlight and cooling buildings, but it helps to reduce landfill waste. Roof replacements make up over 10% of the world’s trash in landfills, but with single ply roofing, there is minimal waste since these roofs can be recycled and replaced on top of each other. The polymer-based TPO roof systems also don’t contain chlorine which is harmful to the environment. More benefits of TPO roofing are:
- This cool roof is Energy Star rated with high energy efficiency.
- The seamless waterproof membrane is flexible but won’t tear or puncture.
- TPO roofs resist dirt, bacteria, algae, and debris build up.
- The white TPO roofing reflects sunlight, cooling the interior of the building and lowering energy bills as HVAC units don’t have to work so hard to keep the building cool.
EPDM Rubber Roofing
EPDM roofs are one of the most preferred single ply membrane types for commercial roofs. While its name (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) sounds complicated, EPDM rubber roofs are in fact quite simple. This naturally durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane is available in both black and white coatings and can be installed in numerous ways. EPDM roofing material can be fully adhered, mechanically attached, ballasted, painted on with liquid adhesive, or sealed with specially formulated tape. For EPDM roofing installation or repairs in Fate and Rockwall, TX, call Advanced Roofing Systems at (214) 247-7002.
Benefits of EPDM Roofing
- UV resistant and reflective, drastically lowering energy costs
- Resistant to weather, abrasions, ozone, and hail. It is also resistant to heat, fire, and thermal shocks
- While most EPDM roofs are black, there is white EPDM roofing material available, or there is the affordable option of painting over your membrane with white acrylic coating to reap the reflective benefits
- EPDM rubber roofing can be produced in long strips which can be cut up into rubber shingles for residential aesthetics
PVC Roofing System
While very similar to TPO roofing, PVC roofing usually comes in roll form only. Another thing that helps to differentiate PVC roofing rolls from TPO roofing systems is that PVC roofing is so strong, it can withstand chemical spills and high levels of heat. No other roof coating or single ply membrane material can do that. The reason this membrane can resist chemicals and heat is because the PVC roofing rolls are made up of polyvinyl chloride and reinforced with polyester, glass fiber, scrim, or fleece along with other plasticizers and stabilizers that elasticize and strengthen the material.
All single ply membrane roofs are required to be able to withstand the weight of 200 pounds. PVC roofing is so strong, it can endure up to 350 pounds! Most other roofing systems are caulked, taped, or sealed shut with an adhesive. A PVC roofing membrane has its rolls flattened and sealed together using a welding torch to ensure that there are no gaps for air or water to enter. Advanced Roofing Systems can install or repair your PVC roofing in Fate and Rockwall, TX when you call us at (214) 247-7002 today.
What is PVC Roofing?
- Resistant to chemicals and fire
- Lasts 20 years
- Environmentally friendly
- Waterproof due to hot air welded seams
- Can withstand category 3 hurricane winds
- Energy efficient
- Available in multiple colors
Vulcanized Rubber Roofing
What is Vulcanized Rubber?
Most single ply roofs use a rubber base that helps provide seamless elasticity. While great by itself, natural rubber can only stretch so far, and is especially limited when temperatures drop. With a vulcanized rubber roof, roofs are stronger, more flexible, and resistant to temperature and environmental changes. The way a natural rubber roof is transformed into a vulcanized rubber roof is through a chemical process known as vulcanization, where the natural rubber is mixed with sulfur and other curatives. If you are wanting a stronger commercial single ply roof in Fate and Rockwall, TX, get vulcanized rubber roofing installed by Advanced Roofing Systems. Call us at (214) 247-7002 to schedule your appointment.
The Advantages of Vulcanized Rubber
- Waterproof: Vulcanized rubber is used to make tires and rain boots, so rubber is great at preventing water from seeping into the roof.
- Durable: Won’t get damaged from weather or temperature changes, extreme sun exposure, or constant mechanical wear and tear
- Reforms: Most natural rubber single ply roofs can only hold weight of 200 pounds before becoming deformed. Vulcanized rubber roofs won’t lose shape frome extreme pressure or weight and you won’t have to worry about tears or deformity causing you to need repairs.
- Super Elastic: Easily moldable and stretchy to cover more surface area
Get Your Single Ply Membrane Roof Installed Today!
If you are wanting the same benefits that metal provides for commercial roofs but at half the cost, single ply roofing systems are a great alternatives. Chemical, fire, sun, and weather resistance along with easy installation at an affordable price are all benefits of a single ply membrane roof. Call Advanced Roofing Systems at (214) 247-7002 for installation or repair of your single ply roofing in Fate and Rockwall, TX today.